Like all of our tools and resources, The ROI's unique online Open-to-Buy "calculators" were built especially for busy owners. We've made it easy and fast for retailers to combine both the art and the science of buying.
First for the "science," the numbers part.
- You need to enter just a few numbers (which you likely already have a good idea about): beginning inventory @cost, expected sales & margin for each month, and planned turns.
Then – boom! – a monthly buying plan. Just like that!
- You'll see how much inventory - maximum – to bring in each month to meet your goals.
- You will see the targeted ending inventory for each month, the real key number for the owner.
- It even shows what the GMROI would be when you meet the goals for sales, margins and turns.
Don't like what you see in a plan? Make some changes, some tweaks! It's easy!
Change sales, or margins, or turns. What difference does each of those make?
It all happens automagically.
Nothing to download or install.
All the formulas are built in; you cannot break it.
Now, for the ART part.
Once you have a plan you like, take off your owner's hat for the moment, put on your buyer's hat, and practice the ART of buying!
You now have a budget, some boundaries of how much to buy, and when. Now you can focus on selecting the very best merchandise and getting the very best terms.
And, as the season goes along, you the owner can keep monitoring how you're doing.
- Meeting the sales plan?
- Hitting the ending inventory targets?
If you find that some adjustments are needed, you can compare outcomes in advance before placing any orders. All on your own, in retail time, whenever you need it.
Terrific peace of mind for any owner!